Are your hands “tattling” on you? Most of us communicate as much with our hands as we do with facial expressions and voice. Unfortunately, hands can show our age as much as our face and neck – sometimes even more dramatically. Over time and exposure to the elements, our skin becomes drier and thinner, and we lose fat, leaving our hands to look wrinkled, bony, spotted, red, and “veiny.”
Hand rejuvenation treatment from Eterna Cosmetic Surgery can turn back the clock by as much as 10 years, by tightening skin, restoring lost volume, and minimizing age spots and redness for more even skin tone. Younger looking hands should be part of your regular skin rejuvenation regime. This is one reason Dr. Elizabeth Hernandez always discusses signs of aging in the hands as well as the face and neck when evaluating patients for Botox and dermal filler treatments.
You have lots of options
At Eterna, we offer an impressive range of treatment options to renew the appearance of your hands. Some are minimally-invasive, some are not invasive at all. All are in-office procedures that require little to no downtime, and results can last as long as 5 years in some cases. Here’s a quick recap:
- AccuTite uses radiofrequency heat energy to tighten skin and stimulate new collagen production.
- Microneedling improves the skin texture, thickness and firmness by stimulating increased collagen production.
- Morpheus8 combines radiofrequency energy with microneedling to resurface the skin, improve its elasticity in the skin and reduce sun damage. Results are noticeably greater than with microneedling alone, and they can be further enhanced with either procedure by adding topical Plasma application during the treatment.
- Fat transfer is an all-natural option to replace lost volume, in which Dr. Hernandez harvests fat cells from another part of your body and injects them into your hands.
- Renuva Adipose Tissue Matrix is a groundbreaking treatment that, when injected, gradually replaces age-related fat loss with your body’s own fat. Renuva is an alternative to traditional fat transfer which is rapidly gaining popularity with our Eterna patients because it is more predictable, lasts longer (up to 5 years) and costs less than fat transfer.
- Specialized dermal fillers such as Bellafill or Radiesse rejuvenate the hands by adding volume to the back of the hands. Bellafill adds volume in the form of collagen in the deep layers of the skin, with results that can last 5 years. Radiesse adds volume and also stimulates some collagen production, with results that last about 1 year.
- HydraFacial for the back of the hands is a 3-step process that improves the look and quality of the skin and help the skin protect itself from the effects of the sun and environment.
- Hand creams help the skin by moisturizing the skin. At Eterna, we offer ZO Skin Health products, including Oraser Nourishing Hand Crème.
Ladies, tell your guys about hand rejuvenation
Men want to look their youthful best, too, and in our age-conscious society, they have to. If your guy has a job where he uses his hands to demonstrate or display products, make presentations, etc., hand rejuvenation treatment from Eterna can give him a “hand up” with clients or customers.
Which treatment is best for you?
You can read more about hand rejuvenation and the various options on our website. But the best results depend on your age, the condition of your hands, improvement goals and personal preferences. Many patients require a combination of these treatments, something Dr. Hernandez determines on an individual basis. When you schedule a personal consultation, she will evaluate your hands and discuss which symptoms are most bothersome to you, then recommend a treatment plan tailored just for you.