Nose Contouring in San Antonio
Yes, there is such a thing as non-surgical rhinoplasty!
Rhinoplasty is the third most popular cosmetic surgery in the US. That’s not surprising, considering our nose is often the first thing someone notices about our face. Even small imperfections can make us feel self-conscious. What is surprising to many people is that surgery isn’t always needed to make cosmetic changes. At Eterna Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Elizabeth Hernandez can use dermal fillers, and sometimes Botox, to change the shape and appearance of your nose.
Often, small changes can make a big difference in the way your nose looks and the way it complements the rest of your face.
It’s Called Nose Contouring
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is known as nose (or nasal) contouring, but you may have heard it referred to as a “liquid nose job.” Whatever you call it, it is a far faster, simpler alternative to invasive surgery that can help improve a number of common concerns. While traditional surgery is needed to make corrections that involve structural and other interior changes to your nose, Dr. Hernandez uses nose contouring to:
- Lift a droopy tip, by injecting Botox in between the nostrils on the under-surface of the nose. This relaxes the depressor septi muscle which, if overactive, can pull down the nose tip, especially when you smile.
- Fill a depression on the ridge of your nose.
- Minimize the appearance of a bumpy ridge, by injecting filler into the bridge just above the bump to produce an overall smoother line. This makes the nose appear straighter and smaller. It can also help produce a gentle, feminine curve in the bridge that many women want.
- Reduce asymmetrical appearance, restoring a more balanced look to your nose and helping it appear more proportional to your face. Improved symmetry may also make your nose appear smaller.
Benefits of Nose Contouring
- Convenience. Like all injectables, nose contouring is a short, in-office procedure that is easy to fit into your schedule.
- Speed. There is no downtime, so you can go right on with your day.
- Comfort. It’s not painful. With surgery, the time and pain commitment is considerable.
- There are no incisions, so there are no scars.
- Results are instantly visible.
- Nose contouring can make small modifications that don’t warrant surgery, but which can noticeably improve appearance.
- Far less expensive than surgery.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Nose Contouring?
Any adult who wants to make small alterations to their nose may be a good candidate for nose contouring. You should also be in good health overall and a non-smoker.
How Does Nose Contouring Work?
This is a minimally-invasive procedure in which Dr. Hernandez precisely injects tiny amounts of filler or Botox into the target area to produce the desired aesthetic change.
The dermal fillers we use for nose contouring are some of the same products we use to smooth wrinkles and folds, etc. Dr. Hernandez chooses Juvéderm Voluma or Bellafill because these fillers are thicker. They not only have smooth contours, they feel firm to the touch and are longer-lasting than other types of fillers. Voluma can last up to two years, and Bellafill lasts five years.
Nose Contouring Results
You will see the changes in your nose immediately. However, Botox and all dermal fillers produce only temporary results because they are gradually absorbed by the body. As noted above, Voluma and Bellafill do provide very long-lasting results, but ultimately they also must be renewed in order to maintain the original changes.
Find Out More
If you think modest changes to your nose could give a big lift to your self-image, why not schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Hernandez to learn more about nose contouring?
Our ears are an important part of the overall look of our faces. Wearing earrings and other jewelry helps us look and feel our best; however, aging, wear and tear from heavy earrings, or even accidents can lead to damaged earlobes.
PDO Thread Lift
This non-invasive alternative to facelift surgery can produce impressive results that not only look lifted, but firmer, fuller, and smoother – more youthful.
Facial Fat Transfer
Dr. Elizabeth Hernandez offers patients in San Antonio a range of options to restore a youthful appearance to their faces and feel more confident. In particular, Facial Fat Transfer is an excellent option if you are looking for natural results.
Lip augmentation is a procedure that gives you fuller, more youthful-looking lips with enhanced shape, structure, and volume.
Suture Suspension Facelift
Brows, cheeks, jowls, and neck — one or all of these areas can benefit from this procedure, with 50-70% of the lift achievable via a surgical facelift.
Achieve smoother and tighter skin with FaceTite in San Antonio. FaceTite is a minimally invasive treatment that utilizes radiofrequency-assisted liposuction.
Double Chin Reduction
Just because you inherited a double chin from your ancestors doesn’t mean you have to keep the family tradition going. And we can’t always blame genetics.